Cacio e Pepe– A traditional Roman pasta dish.
For the sauce:
- 6 1/2 cups (800 grams) grated Pecorino Romano cheese
- 4 cups (1 liter) heavy cream
- 2 Tbsp. chicken stock or regular water
- Let sauce cook with steam for half hour.
- Take off burner and mix with a blender (or handheld mixer).
- Refrigerate over night.
- Next Day Boil Pasta to your desired consistency or as we prefer “Al Dente” (we use fusilli)
- Remove “Cacio” sauce from refrigerator and bring to a slight boil
- Combine pasta and “Cacio” sauce with crushed black and white pepper
- This pasta is also very good with peas, Portobello mushrooms, broccoli or asparagus.
Hope can join us for a tableside presentation or enjoy at home!
Connect with us: